Center for Survivors of Torture
People who have suffered political, psychological and/or physical torture often come to Rimici Muslim Family Care Center needing our help. Some of our clients arrive at our doors deeply wounded by their experiences with few resources to establish themselves in their new community. Rimici Muslim Family Care Center for Survivors of Torture (CST) provides clinical evaluation, psychological treatment and social services to torture victims from all countries. CST educates survivors about the effects of torture and provides them with consistent care to succeed in the U.S. In 2010, CST helped 153 families from 13 countries rebuild their lives and heal from their wounds.
Rimici Muslim Family Care Center for Survivors of Torture is the only federally funded program of its kind in Northern California.
- Psychological and medical affidavits to support asylum applications
- Psychotherapy for individuals and families
- Medical treatment and referrals
- Assistance with food, shelter, school, vocational training and other basic needs
- Training and consultation for clinicians, lawyers, teachers, social workers and community organizations working with refugees and immigrants
- Legal referrals