Domestic Violence (Asian Women’s Home)
Rimici Muslim Family Care Asian Women’s Home believes that everyone deserves to live healthy and safe lives. We offer vital life-saving services to individuals and families affected by domestic violence, those who might have nowhere else to go due to cultural and linguistic barriers. We provide quality care to meet the unique needs of the clients we serve, including emergency shelter, legal and social services advocacy, and a 24-hour hotline. Our prevention work includes media outreach; educational training workshops for professional, paraprofessionals and community groups; and a first-of-its-kind multilingual (English, simplified and traditional Chinese, and Vietnamese) website with information and resources for victims of domestic violence.
- A 24-hour crisis hotline.
- A 24-hour emergency shelter
- Peer counseling – individual and group.
- Help with restraining orders, family law and immigration issues, and court accompaniment
- Domestic violence education and training for professionals and community groups
- Employment, housing, medical and social services advocacy
- Information and referrals